About COG - WordPress
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that can be used to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. The Cloud Ops Group WordPress application is built on the latest technology for providing the latest in speed, reliability, and security.
COG - WordPress includes:
- Wordpress 5.03
- 64-bit Linux
- PHP 7.2
- NGINX/HTTP2 (with TLS)
- AWS HVM instances
For bug reports, feature requests, or general questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Launch AMI from the Amazon Marketplace
- Open a Web browser and type the public DNS name provided by Amazon into the URL bar.
- You can login to the admin section with the default user "admin". A random password will be generated and placed in /home/ec2-user/wp_pass.
- SSH into your instance as the ec2-user user and run "cat wp_pass".
- Be sure to update the Site Title and URLs in the site settings.
HTTP2 only works work with SSL/TLS so you need a valid certificate pair (See: Using LetsEncrypt for free certs)
COG images come with SSMTP (a send-only sendmail emulator) installed.
To configure SSMTP to send via Gmail, you will have to edit its configuration file and enter your account settings:
``` ## /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf # The user that gets all the mails (UID < 1000, usually the admin) firstname.lastname@example.org # The mail server (where the mail is sent to), both port 465 or 587 should be acceptable # See also http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799 mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587 # The address where the mail appears to come from for user authentication. rewriteDomain=gmail.com # The full hostname hostname=gmail.com # Use SSL/TLS before starting negotiation UseTLS=Yes UseSTARTTLS=Yes # Username/Password AuthUseremail@example.com AuthPass=password # Email 'From header's can override the default domain? FromLineOverride=yes ```