About COG - phpMyAdmin
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL, MariaDB, and AWS Aroura over the Web. phpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations including:
- Managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permissions, etc.
- Running arbitrry SQL
- Import/Export data
COG - phpMyAdmin includes:
- 64-bit Linux
- PHP 7.3
- NGINX/HTTP2 (with TLS)
For bug reports, feature requests, or general questions, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Launch AMI from the Amazon Marketplace
- Open a Web browser and type the public DNS name provided by Amazon into the URL bar.
- COG - phpMyAdmin does not install a local database so you'll need to enter the Database server, username, and password for an existing MySQL, MariaDB, or Aroura RDS server. You can gather this information from the RDS console or from your Database Administrator.
- See: phpMyAdmin User Guide to get started using phpMyAdmin.
The easiest way to enable SSL/TLS is to attach you instance to an AWS Application Load Balancer with an Amazon Certificate Manager certificate attached to that.
You can also create your own certificate via the free Let's Encrypt project (See: Using LetsEncrypt for free certs)
Configure local Email sending
COG images come with SSMTP (a send-only sendmail emulator) installed.
To configure SSMTP to send via Gmail, you will have to edit its configuration file and enter your account settings:
## /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf # The user that gets all the mails (UID < 1000, usually the admin) firstname.lastname@example.org # The mail server (where the mail is sent to), both port 465 or 587 should be acceptable # See also http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799 mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587 # The address where the mail appears to come from for user authentication. rewriteDomain=gmail.com # The full hostname hostname=gmail.com # Use SSL/TLS before starting negotiation UseTLS=Yes UseSTARTTLS=Yes # Username/Password AuthUseremail@example.com AuthPass=password # Email 'From header's can override the default domain? FromLineOverride=yes