About COG - Grafana
Grafana allows you to query, visualize, alert on and understand your metrics no matter where they are stored. Create, explore, and share dashboards with your team and foster a data driven culture.
For bug reports, feature requests, or general questions, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launch AMI from the Amazon Marketplace
- Open a Web browser and type the public DNS name provided by Amazon into the URL bar.
- A random password will be generated and placed in /home/ec2-user/grafana_pass.
- SSH into your instance as the ec2-user user and run "
- Login to the admin section with the default user "admin" and the passowrd from above.
- See the Getting Started Guide to get started creating dashboards.
The easiest way to enable SSL/TLS is to attach you instance to an AWS Application Load Balancer with an Amazon Certificate Manager certificate attached to that.
You can also create your own certificate via the free Let's Encrypt project (See: Using LetsEncrypt for free certs)
Configure local Email sending
COG images come with SSMTP (a send-only sendmail emulator) installed.
To configure SSMTP to send via Gmail, you will have to edit its configuration file and enter your account settings:
## /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf # The user that gets all the mails (UID < 1000, usually the admin) email@example.com # The mail server (where the mail is sent to), both port 465 or 587 should be acceptable # See also http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78799 mailhub=smtp.gmail.com:587 # The address where the mail appears to come from for user authentication. rewriteDomain=gmail.com # The full hostname hostname=gmail.com # Use SSL/TLS before starting negotiation UseTLS=Yes UseSTARTTLS=Yes # Username/Password AuthUserfirstname.lastname@example.org AuthPass=password # Email 'From header's can override the default domain? FromLineOverride=yes